Thursday, February 11, 2010

Is it possible to nurse back Indian Hawthornes that have a fungus or should I just replace them?

I have four that have turned yellow with some sort of fungus. Unless someone can give me info on how to bring them back to life, I am thinking that I will just replace them. What do you think?Is it possible to nurse back Indian Hawthornes that have a fungus or should I just replace them?
Yellowing of your Hawthornes usually indicates lack of iron or nitrogen. I would first trim back just slightly and then apply a fertilizer high in nitrogen or just straight Iron. These can be picked up at your local nursery.





A fungus is usually white in color and rarely turns the plant yellow. If the plants are over 20 years old I would replace them. You should be watering them about 3 times per week about 15-20 minutes each time on a drip watering system

No comments:

Post a Comment