Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Do you think medications for ich and fungus do anything for the fish?

What is you experience with ich and fungal remedies? Did they help you kill the ich and fungal infection?Do you think medications for ich and fungus do anything for the fish?
I am not an expert when it comes to keeping fish, though I have had fish a few times in my life. I can't say that I ever found the medications to be useful at all, my fish always died anyway once ich became apparent. After a few tries with different fish and habitats, I finally gave up on having fish in my home. Perhaps I just had bad luck, but my experiences with treating fish illnesses were all rather dissapointing.Do you think medications for ich and fungus do anything for the fish?
Yes, they work well. If you don't use them you are more than likely going to lose a few fish.
They work as long as you follwo the instructions carefully.,
Typically medications for ich and fungus don't ';help'; the fish. They are meant to kill off certain fungi, bacteria or parasites. Often the medications also have side effects on your fish. This is why your fish will sometimes stop eating, or become lethargic when you treat them. I have used many medications for ich, and bacterial infections. Some have worked some have not. I have to say that the absolute best way to cure a fish of any ailment is to keep the water clean. Fish are very resilient, and given the proper chance to survive they will often do so.





P.S. For Ich cases, I have found that turning up the heat, and adding a little aquarium salt works better than any bottled, or packaged medication I have used.
They sure do. They have to be used correctly, as in remove carbon from filter, and some can't be used on some kinds of fish (catfish and loaches) but they do treat the infections well. They need to be done with water changes as well.


If you follow the directions, have diagnosed the illness and have not caught it to late, most of the time they work.





I have a customer who has/had lung cancer. Caught it very early in a CAT scan, they watched it for about 5 years, eventually it changed, so they operated. He's fine.


Other people never know they have lung cancer until it is far too late. No matter the animal, prevention and early detection keep us alive. Modern medicine is amazing.
Assuming you use the right medication for the disease, most work quite well. There are of course a few junk remedies on the market that don't help fight diseases, but most work very well.





MM
usually ich and fungus medications work well if you get the right one and dont treat scaleless fish with them. It will burn them and kill them. Dont over treat the tank and make sure you follow the directons carefully. some ask for a water change of 50 % 24 hours after medicating.

No comments:

Post a Comment