Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How do i get rit of the black fungus between my shower tiles in the old granny style(eco friendley)?

use bleachHow do i get rit of the black fungus between my shower tiles in the old granny style(eco friendley)?
AS a tile setter for 20 years I d tried most all the above answer 1 st.. If it comes back right away I d be concerned as to the source of the moisture. Is it coming from the backside from a water soaked wall%26gt; That can happen for many a reasons. Carefully dig at the grout if if does come back right away.. It you can dig down to new grout right away then it s a topical moisture problem Re not enough ventilation for the room or not wiping walls down etc.. If its deep thru the grout then you have underlying moisture problems so I wish you luckHow do i get rit of the black fungus between my shower tiles in the old granny style(eco friendley)?
They sell cleaners to get rid of it. All you can really do is buy some and spray the area, get a cloth or sponge, and get on your hands and knees and scrub it off.
A mixture of half bleach and half water and a scrub brush will do wonders. If you can stand to work with it, bleach by itself will work even faster.
Try vinegar. My first choice is bleach, but it is not eco friendly.
Have you tried baking soda? Vinegar?
Goo Gone works

No comments:

Post a Comment