Thursday, February 11, 2010

How do I get a mushroom/fungus problem out of my Green Anole Tank?

I have four green anoles, two males and two feamales in a separet tank so the guys dont fight. In one side, It is completely clean of fungus, but on the other I keep getting these little white mushroom things under and above ground. I keep removing them and they keep coming back! How do I get rid of it and will it effect my anoles?How do I get a mushroom/fungus problem out of my Green Anole Tank?
I am not sure if you have a glass tank or not, but glass with a screen top with clips is best. I have had several types of reptiles, (anoles, tree frogs, tiger salamander, gecko). When I would do a full clean up of the tanks I had gotten special tank cleaners from the local pet store they usually carry it in fish or reptile section. Sorry cannot remember the name, but if you ask they should know what it is, also the product does not carry any chemicals that can harm your pets or linger in the tank. Your tank maybe too moist on the one side and dark or not enough ventilation or heat for their basking areas are suppose to be 85F to 90F and day time area temps 72F to 82F rest of tank, it's hard to tell. Now I know green anoles are suppose to have some humidity, so maybe an overhaul of your tank is need or a new tank. Hopefully this will help a little.How do I get a mushroom/fungus problem out of my Green Anole Tank?
The problem will usually occur because of the humidity, which they need. The only real way to completely stop the problem while keeping the humidity is to change the substrate more often so it doesn't have time to grow. The substrate should be changed every 2 weeks. Usually that doesn't give it time to grow. If you are changing it every two weeks try occasionly shifting the substrate wround by stirring it with your fingers and not getting the substrate quite as damp. As long as your humidty is over 70 they should be fine. It doesnt have to be 90 or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment