Sunday, February 7, 2010

How do I get my yard back to normal after brown patch fungus?

My yard has been diagnosed with brown patch fungus. I know the type of fungucides I need, but is there anything else I can do to help the parts that are already brown get back to normal after I apply the fungucide?How do I get my yard back to normal after brown patch fungus?
Rake away the dead grass, you have to reseed or sod or wait for the healthy grass to spread into the dead area. Don't try to rush it too much - dampness and excess fertility contribute to brown patch, and it will return.


Even if you have a mulching mower, you should bag %26amp; remove your trimmings for the next few mowings, to cut down on thatch %26amp; dampness. And be sure to mow often - tall grass stays damp at dirt-level.How do I get my yard back to normal after brown patch fungus?
Do not irrigate lawns in late afternoon or evenings if possible. This extends the number of hours the leaves remain wet and increases the likelihood of brown patch development. Irrigation after midnight to mid-morning is preferable. These are the hours the turf would normally be wet from dew, and irrigation at this time does not extend leaf wetness periods.
When you water the lawn, you have to water only in the morning and water a few days apart, this will allow the grass to dry out. If the grass is wet at nights for multiple days fungus starts to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment