Thursday, February 11, 2010

Is there a non-prescription method for getting rid of toenail fungus?

I have a toenail that is infected and I can't afford a prescription. Is there a home remedy for getting rid of it?Is there a non-prescription method for getting rid of toenail fungus?
Try regular Listerine. Apply it on and under your nail with a q-tip 2-3 times daily. It should clear up a mild case within a week or two.Is there a non-prescription method for getting rid of toenail fungus?
I just read peroxide will help. If it is an infection. If it is a fungus I read to mix water and peroxide half and half spray on feet and let dry two or three times a day. Bonus peroxide is only a dollar or so at any pharmacy, or discount store. If it is an infection just pour it straight on the infection and let it bubble. I have not tried this myself yet. Good luck.
No......there isn't. Creams won't work, sprays or powders won't work either. The only way is to treat it internally, with the Lamisil tablets......which as you know are very expensive. The normal recommended dose on these tablets (for toenail fungus) is one tablet a day for 12 weeks. I was on these pills for 5 months....it was starting to go away, but then it came right back. I was then told then sometimes people have to be on it for almost a year.....just to let you know. Hopefully in the future, the cost of this medicine will go down, so we all can afford it. Best of luck to you.............
I was told to put Vicks VapoRub on and under the affected toenail for a few weeks. The fungus is supposed to go away.
Try an over the counter medicine. Or try putting Tea Tree Oil for several days.

No comments:

Post a Comment