Sunday, February 7, 2010

How can I get rid off fungus gnats from my house plants?

Tiny black fungus gnats buzzing around my house plants and increasing the number these days...I do not want to use strong chemicals.


If anyone know how to remove them organically please let me know.


Many thanksHow can I get rid off fungus gnats from my house plants?
a cup of vinegar and add a bit of soap. they will drink it, fall in and die.





i think apple cider vinegar works better. but i have been using white vinegar and a few pumps of dish soap, and the have noticed a huge difference. we have a few plants inside as well. and i have noticed them around our trash. but usually, i think gnats want water and that's why they are around plants so much.





but the vinegar and soap mix works well. just put it where you are seeing them. :) good luckHow can I get rid off fungus gnats from my house plants?
Fungus Gnats (Mycetophilidae) feed on fungi, including moulds and toadstools, so it is very unlikely that these are the insects troubling you. They are more likely to be Fruit Flies (Drosophilidae). Make sure you have no bruised or fermenting fruit around - they love grapes and bananas. Get rid of an squidgy ones and after a while the flies should go.
do try brio's method. most anything fermented will attract them. cider vinegar or beer in a bowl should work
hi how are you

No comments:

Post a Comment