Sunday, February 7, 2010

How do I get rid of fungus gnats on my houseplant?

I have a dracaena that I've had for almost 10 years, and up until a couple months ago, it was fine. But then I noticed these little gnats flying around in the soil. I heard they were called fungus gnats, so I cleaned out the pot, and replaced the soil with new. It was fine for about a week, but I am looking at it now, and there are those stupid gnats again! Does anyone know how to get rid of them? I appreciate your help in advance.How do I get rid of fungus gnats on my houseplant?
Suspect your pot is in the shade, right? Those silly gnats like the stuff that must be attracting them from the moist dark soil. So, sticking them in the sun will keep them away....My Miracle Gro stakes keeps them down as well. I still have them though, but they seem to be harmless to the plant, just annoying as who wants bugs in the house, right? There is a spider in the window now, so hopefully he will get after them....

No comments:

Post a Comment