Sunday, February 7, 2010

How do I get rid of fungus on my potted plant?

I have a potted palm plant in my living room that just started growing the white wispy snowflake looking fungus on the leaves. How do I get rid of this? And is there a chance that this will spread to other houseplants in my home? Is there a way to prevent that?How do I get rid of fungus on my potted plant?
You need to treat the plant with a fungicide made for houseplants. Yes, fungus can spread so I'd keep it away from your other plants.





Most palms don't like direct sunlight. Moving the plant to where it gets more indirect light may help though.How do I get rid of fungus on my potted plant?
Sounds more like mealy bug to me (which I think is the same as woolly aphids?





You can dab them with methylated spirits, or some other type of strong alcohol.





Also, you can put the plant in a small space and spray the place with fly spray, and leave it there for 15 mins or so.





You may have to do these things more than once, as and when needed.
Are you sure it is fungus? does it look like this - http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Art鈥?/a> In which case you have woolly aphids which is much better news because you can just wipe them off, or more fun, take the plant outside and wash them off with a hose jet. They can spread to other plants but not very quickly, a pest but not a serious pest.
!if its fungus, then just leave it out int he sun for a few days and that'll kill the fungus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment