Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Bermuda lawn has fungus, so should I water in the fungicide, or just spread it and leave it?

This is my first time to deal with Bermuda. Help!My Bermuda lawn has fungus, so should I water in the fungicide, or just spread it and leave it?
Read the label.


Bermuda has very few problems other than shade issues.


Take a sample of grass where the problem is active to your nursery, not Home Depot or Lowes.


Problem is often times a lack of nitrogen.





ASK first before you spend a lot of unnecessary money.


Now go drink a beer and then dig up a sample.My Bermuda lawn has fungus, so should I water in the fungicide, or just spread it and leave it?
Bermuda grass is the heartist grass I have ever come across. The only problem I've seen is shade or having it go dormant when temperature falls. If I were you I would'nt worry too much. Fertilize on schedule and water early mornings and it will resolve itself.
Read the label. It always depends upon what product you have.
It depends on what product you're using. Read the directions for application on the product label %26amp; follow them. Don't worry too much. I've been trying to kill Bermuda grass for years as it's invading my flower beds %26amp; haven't been 100% successful yet.
You will eliminate the fungi problem by watering early in the morning. If you are watering at night or in the evening, the grass will not absorb the water (needs sunlight) and will sit and mold.

No comments:

Post a Comment