Friday, February 5, 2010

I have a fungus on my Sargentina Crabapple. Am I able to get rid of it and if yes, how so?

I planted this Sargentina Crabapple about a year ago, and just started to notice some type of fungus growing on the tree trunk and on some of the branches. The fungus is light greenish-grey and when I tried to look it up elsewhere, I think it could be 'lichens'?! Just wonder what type of fungus it could be and how to get rid of it.I have a fungus on my Sargentina Crabapple. Am I able to get rid of it and if yes, how so?
Lichen is not going to harm your tree. A certain amount - especially if your tree is partly shaded - is normal. If you have branches dying back, you may see more. but the Lichen is NOT the problem.





Lichens are a cross between fungus and algae. They may grow ON your tree, but they do not penetrate the trees tissues. They're just ';riding';. They make and consume their own food, doing no damage to the tree.





For more info, you can read up here:





http://www.savatree.com/are-lichen-harmf鈥?/a>I have a fungus on my Sargentina Crabapple. Am I able to get rid of it and if yes, how so?
I have the same problem, there is a grey mold all over the tree trunk and branches. I looked up lichens, and it has a little of that, but its just covered with smooth polka dots of grey that won't rub off. The leaves are sparse and small. The entire tree looks awful, tho it did bloom this spring. Hope someone has a idea to save our trees.
try washing it with clorox or bleach. Sometimes that will help.
if i were u i wouldnt even go near it

No comments:

Post a Comment