Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How can get rid of a fungus on my betta fish?

I have had a betta fish for almost a year. He has a cotton like spot under his mouth that has been there for about 2-3 months. I have tried methyline blue, fungus guard, and tetracycline and so far nothing has worked. Any other suggestions what I can try? He is in a 5 gallon heated tank in case that makes any difference.How can get rid of a fungus on my betta fish?
It sounds like your fish definitely has a fungal infection, as opposed to bacterial.





You can help him heal by adding salt to his water (1 teaspoon of aquarium salt per 2 1/2 gallons of water).





Also try adding ';Fungus Eliminator'; by Jungle products to the water. You should change the water every third day when using this.





When the fungus has disappeared, you can follow up with BettaZing to make sure all bacteria/fungi are gone.





Good luck!How can get rid of a fungus on my betta fish?
you should get medication for it or take it to the vet. just try to get good medication.
im not sure how to get rid of it, but you should be cleaning your tank regularly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment