Friday, February 5, 2010

How do I get rid of tree root fungus?

I have a big, old, oak tree in my front yard. There's a fungus that keeps growing periodically on it's roots. I've been taking it out with a weed whacker, but it keeps coming back.How do I get rid of tree root fungus?
I don't really know which fungi is attacking your oak, and there are several to choose from, so here are some links that my help you identify the problem. The information contained within those pages also gives tips on management and eradication of the problem.How do I get rid of tree root fungus?
If I were you, I'd stop worrying about the fungal growth on the tree roots. It's possibly a mycorrhizal fungus, which is actually beneficial to the tree. It helps transition nutrients to the root system. If not,it is just a shelf fungus that is not harmful to the tree. If your really concerned, consult a certified arborist to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment